Along with placenta encapsulation, Stephanie is also a Hypnobabies Certified childbirth instructor, a breastfeeding educator, and birth doula. If you would like more information on these services, please visit www.gentlejourneysbirthing.com
Here is a little more information about our Hypnobabies classes:
Hypnobabies is a method of preparing for childbirth in a way that uses hypnotic techniques, guided imagery and visualization to train the inner mind to accept all of the positive and none of the negative. We teach you how to eliminate the fear-tension-pain cycle from the birthing experience as well as MANY other wonderful techniques. This is totally different from any other childbirth education class that is available today!
70-75% Women who report that they felt mostly pressure or tightening sensations. Most of these women describe their birthing as “pain-free”
The amazing benefits of a Hypnobabies Birth:
Relaxed Mom and Birth Partner throughout pregnancy, labor and birth.
Shorter labors due to lack of resistance in the birthing muscles.
Fewer complications and interventions, as the body and mind stay completely relaxed and focused during labor
Proper positioning of baby during pregnancy and birth: Posterior and Breech babies can be turned with hypnosis!
Fewer drugs or no drugs at all, means less risk of harmful side effects for mother and baby.
Elimination of the Fear/Tension/Pain Syndrome
Easier recovery, with less pain, bleeding and “baby blues”
A Well trained and Confident birth partner, for great support
The word “doula” comes from the ancient Greek meaning “a woman who serves” and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth; or who provides emotional and practical support during the postpartum period.
Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily.
A Birth Doula:
- Recognizes birth as a key experience the mother will remember all her life
- Understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor
- Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth
- Stays with the woman throughout the labor
- Provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint, as well as helping the woman get the information she needs to make informed decision
- Facilitates communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her clinical care providers
- Perceives her role as nurturing and protecting the woman’s memory of the birth experience
- Allows the woman’s partner to participate at his/her comfort level.
Studies completed by Dr. Marshall Klaus and Dr. John Kennell, published in the book Mothering the Mother (also called The Doula Book) have proven that a doula can have a significant impact on labor and birth. The study concluded the following statistics which lend to support for having a doula present:
- 50% reduction in the cesarean rate
- 25% shorter labor
- 60% reduction in epidural requests
- 40% reduction in oxytocin (pitocin) use
- 30% reduction in analgesia use
- 40% reduction in forceps delivery
Our doula services include:
- Initial Consultation Visit (Complimentary)
- Two prenatal meetings (time permitting, more if desired)
- Full access to lending library and relevant pregnancy and childbirth information
- Birth plan consulting
- 24/7 availability to answer questions by phone
- On call two weeks on ether side of your due date
- Continuous labor and birth support beginning when and where you need it
- One to three hours of postpartum support or until the new family is comfortable on their own
- Postpartum visit to discuss the birth and answer any questions
- Two week, four week and six week postpartum phone call
- Phone support for up to one month postpartum if needed